Monday, July 09, 2007

Books That Mattered/ Books That I Enjoyed

I was talking to Annie Carter today about books that I had read that had some sort of impact on me, and decided to share my list.

Skeletons on the Zahara: A True Story of Survival by Dean King
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
Exodus by Leon Uris
The Miracle of Castel Di Sangro by Joe McGinniss
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

Of the list, the first three fit in the impact category, while the last three are books that I think people would enjoy and had some sort of impact on me, but it wasn't quite as strong. This is clearly not a complete list. It is really more of a spur of the moment list of recommendations of books that people may otherwise not read.

I also feel obliged to add The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger as a book I enjoyed, but I only finished it yesterday, so I cannot judge its continuing impact on me.

I love reading, and sometimes forget how many books I have read. Dear Bryan, I wish you read more so that I would consistently have somebody to discuss books with. Ah, I love you anyhow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home